baby kate | newborn sweetness






Oh my - words cannot describe the cuteness of this sweet girl! Baby Kate is an absolutely beautiful baby and I’m thrilled to have had the opportunity to capture some (very impromptu!) photos of her.


 We were having dinner with Baby Kate’s parents + some other great friends & I happened to have my camera with me (from a shoot at work that I had done earlier in the day)... never have I been so thankful to have it with me! 


Around 9:30 PMBaby Kate dozed off & before I knew it, a mini-shoot of Sleeping Beauty had ensued. I mean just look at that precious face! Those cute little lips! How could I resist? So. Incredibly. Adorable. 





I have been wanting to step into the world of newborn photography for quite a while, but I've been too nervous. 
While I love babies and feel completely comfortable with them, I wasn't confident that I'd actually be able to capture them, to effectively tell the beautiful story of new life via the lens of my camera.

 I have a few newborn sessions to look forward to in the next several months & for the first time ever, I don't feel beyond nervous when I think about them! I am so looking forward to learning more as I capture those simple moments of time that tell the story of life - those tiny yawns & scrunchy faces, the little toes & intricate fingers - sigh... what could be better? 




1 comment: